Are you ready to learn kickboxing? Whether you are looking to learn for self-defense, fitness, or just to have fun, “Kickboxing 101” will teach you the basic kickboxing techniques you need to know. This guide will show you how to control stand up aspects of a fight through movement, defensive maneuvers, and striking attacks.
Over 200 photos are combined with step-by-step instructions to illustrate effective application of kickboxing techniques. The accompanying text will give you insight into the various aspects and principles of kickboxing.
Specific sections covered are:
• Chapter 1: Stance and movement: This section will teach you the appropriate foot stance and hand positioning as well as variations. Movement will also be covered and include lateral, side, and pivoting.
• Chapter 2: Defense: This section will show you how to evade punches using traditional boxing movements, such as the slip or bob-n-weave.
• Chapter 3: Attacking with punches: In this section, you will learn to attack with punches, such as the jab, cross, hook, and uppercut, as well as variations.
• Chapter 4: Basic elbow and knee attacks: Knees and elbows will be discussed in this section with multiple variations of both being covered. Some techniques you will learn are the round elbow, downward elbow, basic knee, and knee with head grab.
• Chapter 5: Basic kick attacks: Kicks of various types will be taught in this section. The kicks will be basic and include the rear-leg round kick, teep (push kick), and the front-leg round kick. Defensive maneuvers such as the shielding and kick checking will be included as well.
• Chapter 6: Putting it together: This section will show you how to put the content together. It will outline potential combos and more.
About the Expert:
Nathan DeMetz is a personal trainer from Indiana.
HowExpert publishes quick 'how to' guides on all topics from A to Z by everyday experts.