Journey Through the World's Forgotten Years.
History doesn't have to be drab. This book is entertaining, informative and remarkably easy to read. Though not a novel, it weaves into one continuous story information from many sources – including linguistics, archeology, astronomy and other sciences; the Bible and other history; and ancient traditions and religions. It is neatly arranged within the timeline as given in the Bible. This excursion through an almost forgotten world provides startling insights on many old questions.
- HAVE history textbooks told us the truth?
- HOW did mankind learn language?
- WHERE did the skills of civilisation begin?
- WHY do ancient writings refer to a year of 360 days?
- WHAT actual events lie behind the mythologies of the world?
- WHO kept alive the memory of the distant past?
Dr. Ruth Beechick is author or editor of more than 100 manuals, work-books and other items for Bible learning, as well as several books on education topics. She is a former teacher and professor of education, and is known for her talent in making complex topics clear and understandable. Adam and His Kin continues that tradition.