Do you want to create, publish and market your audiobooks? Are you ready to use podcasting to grow your author brand and reach more readers with your books?
Audiobooks are the fastest-growing segment in publishing with double-digit growth in markets across the world. Podcasting has gone mainstream with listeners consuming audio on mobile phones and in-car devices, as well as through smart speakers. Advancements in voice technology continue to expand possibilities for audio creation and marketing.
With such rapid growth in opportunity, how can you position your books in an increasingly voice-first world?
I've been podcasting for over a decade as well as narrating and producing my own audiobooks since 2014. I'm an avid consumer of audio content and I'm also experimenting with AI voice technologies. In this book, I'll share everything I know so you can position your books and your author brand for the next shift in reader behavior.
You will discover why now is the best time to get into audio, plus:
PART 1: Audiobooks
- Writing, adapting and editing your work for audio
- How to find and work with a professional narrator, or narrate the book yourself
- Audiobook recording, editing, and production
- How to self-publish an audiobook
- How to market audiobooks
- The money side of audiobooks
PART 2: Podcasting
- Why podcasting is important for authors
- How to research and pitch podcasters
- How to be a great podcast guest
- Should you start your own podcast?
- Podcasting equipment, software and distribution options
- How to launch and market a podcast
- The money side of podcasting
PART 3: Voice Technologies
- Voice assistants, smart speakers and devices
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the future of voice