STOP THE HISSES!
Whether you share your home with a single cat or multiple felines, this new guide by a seasoned cat behaviorist and cat trainer teaches you about cats aggression, cat clawing, litter box problems and more. You'll find detailed prescriptive how-to advice focused in the most common cat behavior problems found in the multi-cat household from fearful felines and bully cats, to cat food challenges, loud mouth meowing and counter top cruising, and how to introduce cats to other pets and kids. This book addresses every cat behavior question you have.
Cat behavior puzzles the most savvy cat lovers, and cat behavior problems lose cats their homes. Cat behavioral problems arise out of owners not understanding cat language and normal animal behavior. Training a cat helps stop cat biting, for instance, and this book explains the behavior of cats whether you have a single feline or multiple cats.
The United States is home to 86.4 million owned cats, and 52 percent of owners own more than one cat. That means more furry love for owners, but also can put your cats' tails in a twist over that (HISSS!) new feline friend. From conflicts over favorite sleep spots to sharing potty facilities, adding new pets rubs fur the wrong way and creates hairy situations for everyone--including you.
Use these fun techniques to calm fears, explain cat body language, and strengthen the bond you share with your cats. Step by step tips from this award-winning author and certified animal behavior consultant explain how to:
- Recognize and diffuse cat aggression
- Stop cat bites
- Settle disputes cat territory squabbles
- Solve hit and miss litter box problems
- Cure cat scratching with scratching post training
- Manage cat nutrition and meals
- Soothe cat stress and cat fear
- Reduce bullying behavior
- How to choose pet friends to reduce cat fights
- Learn proper cat introduction techniques
- Introduce cats and a new baby or kids
- Solve common pet peeves: meowing, cat clawing, kitty counter-top cruising, feline door dashing and more!
- Understand weird cat behaviors and cat facts: feline phone attraction, kitty mirror fear, "elevator butt" and cat toilet pests
Fun, practical, and eminently informative, ComPETability helps owners devise strategies to prevent, reduce or eliminate cat behavior problems. This also enables multiple cats to live in harmony within the same household. Written by one of America's premier pet experts, the book explains everything the loving cat owner needs to know. Most important, ComPETability provides crucial tips on how to evaluate and match your pets' personalities, improve their relationships, and make your home a sanctuary for cat fun and peace.
For more pet behavior advice refer to:
ComPETability: Solving Behavior Problems In Your CAT/DOG Household
ComPETability: Solving Behavior Problems In Your Multi-DOG Household