To experience intense emotional pain is to experience both the depths of outright despair and the potential for the heights of happiness. Contrary to what we might have been conditioned to think, emotional pain can ultimately be of enormous benefit to us and to others around us.
This book will help you to explore and make sense of your emotional pain. Among the many issues you will learn are:
● How to identify the sources of your emotional pain
● How to begin to make sense of your experience with emotional pain
● How to understand the paradox of great pain, that your greatest happiness often comes after your most painful
● How to recognize the many flashes of hope that shine through your emotional pain
● How to deal with the circumstances that cause emotional pain
● How to resist the negative impulses that arise from emotional pain, while accepting the lessons that emotional
pain can teach us
● How to acknowledge that your emotional pain comes with valuable life lessons
● How to develop emotional immunity, the resilience and strength to withstand future pain
● How to inspire others--and even society at large--to develop strength, resilience, and compassion in the wake of
● And much, much more!
Finally, you will understand that emotional pain is never wasted. All that pain and emotional distress actually results in a healthier and happier future for you and others close to you. Through your suffering and subsequent resilience, you can build a better world.